Thursday, October 29, 2015

Outdoor Shower

Outdoor Shower
by Jane McElvany Coonce
"Outdoor Shower" is an oil painting I did quite a few years ago.  It has been hanging in the room of my youngest son, Brian, for many years.  It was done from a photo I took of him when we were at the beach.  He was around 2 or 3, and he was hosing himself down with the garden hose.  He was buck naked.  Brian never liked this painting.  He thought I was a pervert for painting him nude.  But to me, it was an endearing scene of a small child playing unashamedly with the hose.  I made sure when I painted the figure that the leg was raised high enough to hide the important stuff.  But he still never liked it.

I finally decided to enter it at the Gallery Underground for the November show.  Most artists have paintings that they never show because they are hanging in their own house.  This one has been in my house a long time and has never been seen by the public.  So it will be making its debut next week.

The reception for the Gallery Underground is Friday, November 6 from 5 to 7.  Hope you can stop by.  It will hang all month so there is more time to see it before it goes back into the seclusion of the artist's house out of view of the public.  I'm sure Brian will be happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment