Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cassatt's Show for Oct-Nov 2012

Remains of the Day
by Jane McElvany Coonce
The Celebration of Color show came down at the Northern Virginia Art Center and has now traveled to Cassatt's Cafe.  If you didn't get to see the juried show at the gallery, now is the time to see it at Cassatt's.  It will hang from October 15 until November 18.  There is a reception next Sunday evening, October 21 from 6 - 7:30 pm, and I'd like to invite everyone to come and see this colorful show.
Cassatt's is located at 4536 Lee Highway in Arlington, VA.  I'll be there, so stop by and say hi.  Maybe we can party like the painting!

The piece that I have in the show "Remains of the Day" is a very large painting.  It's 30 inches by 40 inches.  It was so much fun to paint.  I especially love the cake.  Originally, I had a slice of cake on the plate.  A friend told me I should take a bite out of it to make it more realistic.  It was great advice.  That's my favorite part of the whole painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment