Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This Saturday and Sunday-Home Tour

A Place Within
by Jane McElvany Coonce


I have been experimenting with abstract collage.  I recently did about 13 pieces over the course of a week.  Abstract isn't really my thing, but every once in a while I make myself stretch and get out of my comfort zone.  I focus on color and value and also design.  Abstracts aren't as easy as you may think.  They really take a lot of work.

I will have my pieces at the home studio tour this weekend.  This is the first time they have been seen by the public.  You'll have to tell me if you think they work or not, or if I should stick to my day job!


Rejuvenation
by Jane McElvany Coonce
                                                                    The studio tour is in conjunction with the Arlington Artists Alliance's 2nd annual studio tour.  It is on Saturday. Oct 27 and Sunday, Oct 28 from 10 am- 5 pm.
I hope you'll stop by and give me a critique.  My address is 4057 N. 27th St. Arlington, Va.  I'll have maps if the other studios that you can visit on the tour.  Hope to see you.
Haunting Melody
by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment