Sunday, February 10, 2013

Under the Elm

Under the Elm
by Jane McElvany Coonce
I'm beginning to decide which paintings will go into the solo show at the 7East Art Gallery in Woodstock, Va.  I made a list a while back, but it was a bit too long, so I'm trying to pick pieces that reflect the country life.  Since the show is called "A Slice of Life", I want to include scenes I've painted from the countryside as opposed to my city (Key Bridge) scenes.  This is a painting I did one summer out in Indiana.  The wanted to practice working on trees.  The horse wasn't holding still while I painted him.  He wasn't even there.  I just added him later because I thought the painting needed a little more interest.  That's the great thing about being an artist...if you don't like reality, then change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment