Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cruise to Scandinavia and Russia

The Little Mermaid- Copenhagen
watercolor by Jane McElvany Coonce
Amsterdam
watercolor by Jane McElvany Coonce
I've been preparing for another teaching cruise.  This time we are going to Scandinavia and Russia.  It takes a lot of work to get ready for one of these trips.  I first research all the places we are going and look for pictures of the places we are visiting.  Then I work up a watercolor and write down all the directions on how I did it.  I type these up so that the students will have a cheat sheet.  I will demo for them, but they may forget what to do first.  They can refer to the sheet.
We are visiting Holland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Estonia and Russia (St. Petersburg). I try to pick relatively simple things to paint.  Most of the people that come to my class on the ship have never painted before.  I want them to have fun painting, but I also want them to have a souvenir to take home so they will remember their trip.  Here are the paintings they will be doing.  Like last time, I will take pictures of what students do and put them up on the blog. It's incredible what people accomplish with no experience!
St. Petersburg, Russia
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Tallin, Estonia
watercolor by Jane McElvany Coonce

1 comment:

  1. Be sure and paint the Church of the Spilt Blood in St Petersburg; my very favorite Russian site.

    ReplyDelete