Monday, August 19, 2013

Teaching in Italy - May 2014

Copy of John Singer Sargent's
Spanish Fountain
watercolor
Next spring, I am taking a group of artists to Italy to paint for 2 weeks.  It's from May 1-15, 2014 in an old monastery that has been converted to an art school.  We will be painting plein air (meaning out on location.)  People can work in oil, acrylic, pastel or watercolor.  Each day we will visit a different hill town and paint a view of that village.  We might paint architectural studies like this one I did of a John Singer Sargent painting.  Or we might do vistas of the hill sides.  Each town is different and it will be fun to explore and paint.

If you've never painted in Italy, why don't you join me.  All the meals are prepared for us and wine is included!

I still have a few openings, so let me know if you'd like to find out more about it.
Countryside of Umbria
watercolor
by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment