Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The August Show at The Art League - " 'Scapes"


View of Georgetown and M St.
by Jane McElvany Coonce
The Art League, located in the Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria, has a monthly juried show.  Each month, members are allowed to submit 2 paintings for jurying.  The judge picks the paintings that he or she likes.   No artist is guaranteed to get in, and if the judge likes an artist's work, he or she can only select one of the artist's paintings.

Every month I enter two paintings hoping to get one in.  I always equate it to playing the lottery.  I hold my breath and hope for the best.  This month I was a winner!  I got a piece into the show!  It's a large piece called "View Of Georgetown and M St."  It is one of my Key Bridge paintings.  

The show is called " "Scapes" and will hang for the month of August.  All of the paintings in the show are of landscapes.  It's their biggest show of the year.  It's a very interesting show and if you are looking for something fun to do on the weekend, go to The Art League Gallery on the first floor of the Torpedo Factory.  It has over 160 pieces in the exhibit.  There is something for everybody there.

No comments:

Post a Comment