Sunday, May 18, 2014

Adjusting to Life After Umbria

Bicycling in Umbria
by Jane McElvany Coonce

We got back on Thursday night and I went straight to bed at 8:30 pm.  Of course, I woke up at 4:00 am.  But the next day was better.  I stayed up until 11 pm and woke up at 6:30.  So I am adjusting to the new time.  Whenever you travel, there is so much to catch up on:  mail, emails, phone messages.  But I'm slowly crawling out of the hole and getting back into everyday American life.  If you haven't been to Italy, put it on your bucket list.  It is a beautiful place full of ancient cities and Roman ruins.  The light is glowing there, and even if you aren't an artist, you won't be able to resist snapping pictures of a very unique place.  Even the smallest towns have a magical beauty.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment