Wednesday, September 19, 2018

5th Post on the Preston's Mural


Ovechkin and the Stanley Cup 
Sorry I haven't been posting as I work on this mural.  I have been putting in long hours every day, and by the time I get home, I'm exhausted.  It's really coming together, although there is still a lot to do.  The small details will make it really cool.  I have to put shadows under each photograph so that it really looks 3- dimensional.  I also am going to paint a wooden frame and do the woodgraining. I also need to paint push pins that will hold up the "photos."  But as you can see, I've made a lot of progress in the last week.

Working on the last " photograph"
The other views I've done since the last post are Rosslyn with Key Bridge, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington House with the Cemetery, the Pentagon, and the Nat's stadium. (I know that is not in Arlington, but we love the Nat's.)

I've met a lot of people as I'm painting. A lot of friends have stopped by to see my progress. It's really been a lot of fun. 

I think of all the scenes I've done, I like the Iwo Jima the best.
Iwo Jima

1 comment:

  1. I finished all the scenes today on my mural. I'll finish up the lettering tomorrow. Still lots to do, but it's starting to really shape up.

    ReplyDelete