Sunday, September 2, 2018

Mural at Preston's Pharmacy

I have a new project. I've been asked to do a mural at Preston's Pharmacy on Lee Highway in Arlington.  I have a long history with Preston's. When we bought our house in the 80's in North Arlington, we started going to Preston's. They moved down the street to their new location at Edison St. and Lee Highway. Both Nicholas and Kevin had summer jobs there when they were in high school.  I've been selling my Key Bridge Cards and my Crabs on Newspaper Cards in their gift shop for years.

Recently, they approached me about doing a mural on their back wall. The idea is to do a "bulletin board" with scenes of Arlington "pinned up" to the bulletin board. The plan is for me to paint a cork bulletin board. We have picked out various images of Arlington that will be painted on the wall. I'll also paint "push pins" that will hold up the painted "photographs" of Arlington.

 So last week I started the project.  I thought it would be fun to keep you posted on my blog as to my progress. But please stop by the store any time and see my progression. 
Base coat , a warm tan
(spaces marked off for "photographs")
original wall color (dark green)

No comments:

Post a Comment