Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 2012 Show at The Art League

View of Northwest Washington
by Jane McElvany Coonce
Entering juried shows is part of the life of an artist.  It's like playing the lottery.  You never know if your work will be chosen or not.  If it is, you feel elated; if it is not, you can feel dejected.  However, I have a different attitude in entering juried shows.  I realize it's one person's opinion.  Depending on the judge, the piece can get in and win a prize whereas another judge will look at the same painting and give it the thumbs down.

Today was my lucky day.  I entered the juried show at The Art League located in the Torpedo Factory of Old Town Alexandria.  Not only was my painting juried into the show, it also won an honorable mention!  I was thrilled!  It was like winning the lottery twice!

The show will hang for the month of November.  The reception for the show is next Thursday evening, Nov 15.  Unfortunately, I teach that night, so I can't go down and receive my prize.  But I'm still thrilled that I was selected this month and honored that I won the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment