Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Triple Lottery!

View of Northwest Washington
by Jane McElvany Coonce

Two posts ago, I told you I felt like I had won the lottery, twice!  I had gotten into the juried show in the November show at The Art League, and that I had won honorable mention with my piece, "View of Northwest Washington."  I thought it couldn't get any better until today.  Now I have to say I won the triple lottery because the painting sold today!  Someone came into The Art League this morning and purchased it. Megan Fox, from the gallery called me and gave me the news, and it really lifted my spirits.  It is the ultimate compliment when someone is willing to put cold hard cash down on a painting.  Needless to say, I'm totally thrilled!

 The other exciting compliment I received was from the Northern Virginia Art Center. My piece, "Grand Canal in Venice" was chosen as the Gallery Staff favorites for the small works show.
The show will hang until Dec. 2.  This is a beautiful show.  If you are looking for a unique Christmas present, now is the time to visit the gallery.  There are a lot of small works that are very affordable.
The gallery is conveniently located in the Crystal City Shoppes  at 20th St. south and Crystal Drive.
I will be working there next Wednesday, Nov 21 from 2-6 pm and on Black Friday, November 23 from 2-6 pm.  Stop by and see me.  I'd love the company!

Grand Canal in Venice
by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment