Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brushing up on Watercolor

White Roses
Watercolor
by Jane McElvany Coonce

I have been brushing up on my watercolor because I have another teaching assignment on a cruise ship.  This time, we are going to the Panama Canal.  I teach watercolor on the ship when we are at sea.  Since watercolor isn't my main medium of painting, I decided I better brush up before leaving in April.

This is a painting I did of white roses.  Of course, even though flowers may be white, their shadows aren't.  I put in a darker background to make the white roses stand out.  I've been practicing my watercolor each week, so by April, I should be back in the saddle again.  I'm planning on putting this painting at the Northern Virginia Art Center for February.  There will be a reception on Fri. Feb 8  from 5 - 8 pm.  Stop by and have some wine and chocolate (yes!  we are featuring chocolate at this month's reception!) and see some of the other watercolors I've been working on.

1 comment: