Sunday, January 20, 2013

Indian River Inlet

View from Inlet Bridge in Delaware
by Jane McElvany Coonce


I just finished a commission I've been working on.  A patron that has bought paintings from me before contacted me and wanted to commission a painting for his father's birthday.  This is a view of South Dewey Beach, just as you come over the Inlet Bridge if you were driving  from Bethany Beach.  He had a great photograph, but he wanted it at sunset or sunrise.  I have to say it was a fun one to paint.  And of course, Dewey has a special place in my heart because my brother has a beach house there and lets me go any time I want.

Now I need to get this to the framers so it's ready in time for the big birthday.  I've been painting a lot and I'll put some more up this week.

I've got several shows coming up that I will tell you about in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment