Thursday, January 3, 2013

New York Scenes

New York Squared
by Jane McElvany Coonce

One of my goals before the end of the year was to finish up paintings that I had started.  I managed to finish up two more before the clock struck 2013.  The first one is called "New York Squared".  I know it is a weird title, but it's for a show coming up for Vienna Art Society at the end of January.  All paintings have to be on 10 inch square canvases.  Luckily, I have finished the two I planned to enter.

The M5 in New York
by Jane McElvany Coonce










The 2nd painting I finished up before the new year is called "The M5 in New York". The M5 is the bus in the foreground.  It was from a photo I took when I went to New York last April.  I started this painting at the "paint-in" that was held at the gallery in Crystal City.  I just needed to add the finishing touches on it before I could call it done.

Although I didn't finish up all of the paintings I had hoped to, I got most of them done.  I guess in 2013, I still have my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment