Saturday, July 20, 2013

3rd Day of the Birthday Sale

SOLD!



I never realized how valuable a blog is until I did this birthday sale and wrote about it on my blog.  I put "Canal in Bruges" up last night, and I got a call at 8 am this morning from a friend in Baltimore who says she wants it!  What a way to start the morning!!!!!

I still have lots of paintings left at the birthday sale so I hope you'll stop by and see what's available.  I have a lot more big paintings this year than I did last year.

This is a once a year event that lasts four days.  So come out and take advantage of it because it won't happen again until next July.
Thanks everyone for being so supportive.

Here are a few more that are up for the birthday sale.  Get them while it's hot!

Zebras
(Batik)
"Zebras" is a batik I did a few years ago.  I took a workshop to learn how to do it.  It's labor intensive because you have to paint melted wax on the areas you don't want to dye, then dip the piece in dye.
Once it dries, you have to iron out the wax between 2 pieces of paper.  Then you add more wax to the next section you don't want affected by the dye.  This time you dip in a different color dye.  And the process continues until you have all your colors.  In this piece, I dipped yellow, then green, then black.
Needless to say, I've never done batik again.  I have a high respect for people who have this kind of patience and persistence.

This piece is matted and framed and ready for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment