Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Everything is Closed!

The art world is shutting down just like the rest of the world due to the Corona virus.  The Art League at the Torpedo Factory, Falls Church Arts, Rehoboth Art League and Gallery Underground in Crystal City are all closed.  Baltimore Watercolor Society cancelled their big Mid-Atlantic Show which really shocked me! Even the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC is closed. There is no where to go around here to see art. 

That got me thinking.  Artists produce art because they have that creative interest, but they also do it to show.  One doesn't paint just to put the art in the closet.  I've decided to start featuring some of my art from the past and the present.  Some of them have interesting stories, some are just what they are.  Hopefully, it will add a little interest in your life while we stay hunkered down in our houses.

Here are two recent watercolors I did.  With spring coming, flowers always brighten our day.  In the leaves of the roses, I tried something different.  Instead of mixing green, I mingled colors on the paper:  yellow next to blue and let the paint mix itself.  I loved the effect.  The paint did a better job than I could have!  Let me know what you think.
Posies
watercolor by Jane McElvany Coonce
11x14
Daffodils
watercolor by Jane McElvany Coonce
11x14





No comments:

Post a Comment