Monday, March 16, 2020

Nats Part 2


In my rush to put up my painting last night and pack for Peru (we are leaving this morning) I forgot to mention a few things.  First of all, I want to thank Leigh Culver who was the inspiration behind this painting.  Leigh is a teacher at The Art League and always sets up interesting still life for her classes.  I stopped in there on the day she had trompe l'oeil set ups and she had some fascinating ones.  One was a violin with sheet music and another was The Nats montage.  So I really owe her for the inspiration of this painting.  I also want to thank Liz Shaffer and Agnes Yackshaw who advised me about Nat knowledge.  Liz gave me her World Series ticket and also suggested Ryan Zimmerman for the baseball card, and Agnes gave me all kinds of Nats items and even told me about Nationals Beer.
Thanks to all who helped me do this painting, but especially to Leigh Culver.

No comments:

Post a Comment