Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boats at Eastern Shore

Marina Haze
by Jane McElvany Coonce

I had a nice Christmas gift today.  A patron came over to look at some paintings and bought this one above, "Marina Haze" which I did last spring when I went up to the Eastern shore for a few days of painting.  I actually had planned to take this painting up to my brother's beach house next time I went up.  I was going to swap it out with another one that's been up there a while.  However, I was beaten to the punch.  Sometimes it's bitter sweet when you sell a painting.  You are happy because you sold it, but sometimes your sad because it's one that you really enjoyed painting or there is something about the painting that makes it harder to part with.  I know this painting has found a good home.  They also commissioned me to paint another scene for them. Now that Christmas is over, I need to get out of the kitchen and back to work at the easel!   I still have a few paintings I want to finish up before the year ends.  Not sure I'm going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment