Sunday, December 9, 2012

Painting Sold at Northern Virginia Art Center

Key Bridge in the Morning
by Jane McElvany Coonce

This month has been a busy time for artists.  We have so many shows for the holiday season.  The reception on Thursday night at the Northern Virginia Art Center was a huge success.  We had a good turn out for a week night reception.  I sold "Key Bridge in the Morning".  I am always happy when my paintings find a new home.  This was a painting that I had been commissioned to do.  But half way through the painting, the client decided he wanted it bigger.  I told him that it was no problem because my Key Bridge paintings always sell.  Now probably if I lived in San Francisco, Key Bridge wouldn't be that popular.  But here in Washington, D.C, that sight from the parkway is one of the most breathtaking views of Washington.  (At least in my opinion.)  I have a hard time keeping my eyes on the road whenever I'm driving down the parkway.

Don't forget, the last show of the year is next Sunday at my studio at Stifel and Capra.  The open house is from noon to 5 pm up on the 2nd floor.  I will be there from noon to 2 pm.  Then I'm off to some other holiday parties myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment