Thursday, March 19, 2015

Signature Status for Baltimore Watercolor Society

Please Share My Umbrella
by Jane McElvany Coonce
I've got nothing but good news this week in the watercolor department.  This year, one of my goals was to enter some big name watercolor shows.  I picked out Virginia Watercolor Society and Baltimore Watercolor Society to test the waters. An artist can enter their juried shows, and if they are accepted in 3 shows, they may apply for signature status.  One can also apply by submitting digital images of one's work, and if the jurying committee approves, you can be accepted as a signature member into the society without having been in one of their shows.

I had never entered the Baltimore Watercolor Society's shows.  I did this year, but also decided to see if I could get the signature status without being in 3 juried shows of BWS.  I received the letter today to congratulate me on my new status as signature member of the Baltimore Watercolor Society.

I am really loving the watercolors that I've been doing, and I enjoy learning with every painting I do.
Patiently Waiting
by Jane McElvany Coonce

No comments:

Post a Comment