Monday, March 16, 2015

Virginia Watercolor Society's Show 2015

The Red Hat
by Jane McElvany Coonce
I am thrilled!  I joined Virginia Watercolor Society this year for the first time.  They have a yearly show, and I entered knowing there was a good chance I wouldn't get in.  There are many fantastic watercolorists who enter and not enough wall space to hang all of that wonderful art.  One of my goals this year was to enter several watercolor shows. This is the first all watercolor show that I've entered.

There were 511 pieces entered, and the juror, Mark Mehaffey,  only accepted 98.  I was one of those lucky 98. I feel quite honored because I'm relatively new to the watercolor world.

The show will be held at James Madison University at the Duke Hall Gallery.  The show will hang from May 18 through June 26.

Still can't believe I got in!

No comments:

Post a Comment